Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Frustration at work

I love my job and I'm super glad for the opportunity.
I wanted to get that out of the way before I rant and sound super ungrateful. To explain I'm in a management position, overseeing groups of children in an after school program. So security and information is super important right? Well, I took over the position over a week ago and am finally able to go through and double check information. I have found I have little to no information on the children we are helping, which is necessary because as a company we submit the information for grants to keep the opportunity running. On top of that we have no background checks done on volunteers who work with students on a daily basis! But we have coloring pages and cross word puzzles. Needless to say I'm extremely frustrated and concerned. My predecessor is currently a volunteer and she is great with the kids but I'm not sure what she was doing for 40+ hours a week because it wasn't taking care of business. On the more aggravating level of things I have to wait until students start showing up to get any information, and or my boss decides to come in so I can learn how to do the background checks on everyone. So now I feel like I'm the one not doing my job and not the one picking up the lost slack. This would be okay but I am taking time away from my daughter, school, and new relationship for a job that is about as organized as a frat party after one am.

No comments:

Post a Comment